Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy 2012?

I have never been more glad to see the rear end of a year. 2011 has been challenging in so many ways and at so many levels. But, it is over and I am kind of glad for Facebook where friends and family have been posting very many happy thoughts and wishes for a better year. Here's hoping it is going to be a better year.

Of course I know a year just doesn't turn out to be crappy or great on its own. A lot of it is our doing, and I am determined to take charge of how things turn out. I also intend to do it in a manner that is reasonable to me and those who matter most to me. I do have certain goals I'd like to accomplish. Some I can speak of, others...well I am still figuring out what they are.

For now, my simple goals are:
1. Eat breakfast every morning within an hour of waking up;
2. Get at least six to eight hours of sleep every night;
3. To get through this winter with as few episodes of illnesses as possible;
4. To see my darling son completely potty trained, surely boys must grow out of being comfortable with fecal matter pasted to their bums (this is where I have to be easy on myself, this has less to do with me and more to do with the Offspring);
5. Put me first every now and then...

These are not resolutions. I gave up on them in my last year of high school. I am just going to try and do this because it is what I have to do to stay healthy and happy. It is what I want for everyone I love, which should begin with me, right? 
Hoping the light shines even in the darkest hours...
So, happy new year to me and everyone I love. And to you too, whoever you are, reading this. I hope this is your year, do what makes you happy because if the Mayans are right, we will not have another year.

No comments: